Roof replacement is a considerable and time-consuming project. With the right planning, however, you can avoid the stress and ensure a smoother experience. Orion Roofing and Sheet Metal, one of the premier roofers in Aloha, Oregon, shares how you can achieve that with these five handy tips.
- Apply for a building permit. A large and complex project like roof replacement requires the appropriate building permits. This ensures that the work will comply with the local codes and regulations, which exist for your own safety. Be sure to adhere to the permit process—noncompliance can result in fines, potential lawsuits, and even forced removal of your new roof.
- Hire the right roofing company. Much of your roof project’s success will depend heavily on your roofer’s expertise. To ensure a safer and stress-free process, choose a reliable one for the job. Your prospect should have the right bona fides, including license and insurance. They should also have an existing business address, working email and phone number, and an updated website.
You can also check for their manufacturer certifications. These distinctions mean that they exceed the stringent testing and training set by the brand. Orion Roofing and Sheet Metal, for instance, carries the GAF® Master Elite™ certification. When you hire us to work on your roofing in Aloha, Oregon, you can expect timely and efficient installation that complies with GAF’s standards.
- Check your attic ventilation. This essential component can affect your roof’s performance and longevity, so make sure it’s in top shape. This prevents attic heat buildup, which can wear away your roofing materials long before their time. The reduced amount of heat in the space also lets you enjoy more comfortable rooms and increased energy savings.
- Choose the right roofing materials. You can base your selection on two factors: your home’s architectural style and your area’s weather patterns. Since your roof is a highly visible design element, it should match perfectly with your home. This creates a bigger impression from the curb while further boosting its value. It should also suit your region’s climate — choose a material that can take on extreme weather without risk of failure.
- Get a solid roof warranty. This adds another layer of protection to your investment. When you turn to Orion Roofing and Sheet Metal for your roof replacement, you’ll quality for industry-leading warranties that cover both materials and installation.
Keep a smoother roof replacement by choosing Orion Roofing and Sheet Metal. With our quality products and professional installers, we’ll help you pave the way to a dry and damage-free home. You can also count on us for commercial roof installation and roof repair in Aloha, Oregon. Call us at (503) 690-1807 or fill out our form today for a free quote.